The Moye Family

The Moye Family

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Ending the 1st Trimester!

It's so crazy to believe that I am already 12 weeks and will begin my 2nd trimester soon. I have to admit that I am REALLY looking forward to it! With Jude I got my energy back and felt so much better in the 2nd. I am in desperate need of that energy...my house needs cleaned terribly ugh! Weeks 9 through 12 have found me still battling with nausea off and on along with heartburn. Eating makes the nausea go away, but then it often brought on heartburn and just making me feel sick in general. Quite the endless cycle. This week has been better so I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, this week has brought about my allergies and sinus issues. I had problems with Jude so I was expecting this. Claritin seems to help!

I had my 12 week appointment today all is well. I am healthy and the baby's heartbeat was 166. It was in time with my heartbeat so it was pretty neat to hear and brought a huge smile to my face. It's so easy how you can forget how special that moment really is. I am so blessed that God chose us to be parents again so I can experience this for a second time!

Jude is keeping me on my toes and from napping too much. He repeats that there is a baby in mommy's belly but we are pretty sure he has no understanding of it at all. I'm really enjoying this time with him where I can focus on him before baby comes. I know what a change it will be! Thanks to him I have found a wonderful group of friends that have been so willing to help me out and check on me. I know for a fact that God placed them in my life intentionally.

In other news we celebrated Easter over the weekend and Jude was quite impressive with his Easter egg hunt. He was pretty good at sniffing them out and would proudly exclaim, "I found egg!" His favorite part was opening the Easter eggs as he would shove as many as the candies possible into his mouth. This is tough on mommy since I have tried so hard to keep him away from candy. :) After Easter Jeff and I met with a developer to discuss the possibility of buying land in the Haubstadt area and building in a few areas. It's a big decision but an important one for our family! 

10 Weeks and showing

Our pregnancy announcement for family. Look at him chessin' it!

Sweet boy opening his Easter basket

Easter Egg Hunt

Shoving as many Tootsie Rolls as possible into his mouth!

13 Weeks



How far along? 12 weeks

Size of baby? Our little pumpkin is currently the size of a plum!
What's going on with baby? Our pumpkin has almost all of it's organ systems fully formed!


Total weight gain: I have gained 2 pounds but it feels like more. My belly is definitely protruding more this time around!

Maternity clothes? Nope. Still wearing all my same clothes.
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat and of course any moment with Jude!

Symptoms: queasiness, heartburn, allergies, fatigue

Sleep: Oh sleep....I wake up quite often. It could be from the urge to pee, eat, sinus pressure, not able to breathe...


Miss Anything? Eating and not having heartburn.

Food cravings: I'm not craving anything particular. I just prefer very plain things and DO NOT want to cook. I eat toast, English muffins, waffles, apples, and crackers and cheese daily.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling hungry makes me queasy. The thought of cooking sets my belly off. I find raw meat and hummus to be disgusting!


Gender: Right now it is just our little pumpkin!

Happy or Moody most of the time: I am happy just tired.



Looking forward to: We have a lot going on right now. I am looking forward to getting our home reorganized and finished, all this nice weather to be outside, and our 16 week appointment in May.


A little on Jude:

Age: 2 years and almost 4 months

Size: He is 36 inches tall almost and 32 pounds.

Loves: Playing ball, trucks and cars, eating, Mickey Mouse, Paw Patrol, our dog Luna, being read to, going bye-bye, playing outside, riding his bike

Dislikes: Standing up and dancing during small group time, sharing his own toys, going to bed when daddy is not home, water in his face or eyes

New changes:That wavy hair is becoming more and more curly...hard to control! His vocabulary and sentence formation continues to grow and surprise me all the time! He loves to ask, "What's that?" He is beginning to recognize many of his letters from the alphabet and can spell his own name when asked. I love how he is even beginning to clean up after himself and helps me with daily routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment