The Moye Family

The Moye Family

Thursday, April 23, 2015

6 Weeks!!

Here we are at the start of 6 weeks! It is amazing how in-tune I am with my body and all the changes I am noticing with this pregnancy. With Jude I feltl as if I was barely aware that I even could be pregnant for the longest time. There are similarities already:

1. I have an increased appetite. Still cannot eat more at one time, but I must eat more often.
2. I am shorter of breath. Noticeable when I am running or cleaning around the house.

Differences:

1. It wasn't until closer to 9 weeks last time that I started to feel nauseous and a little off. I already get a little queasy off and on.

2. It also wasn't until that 9 week time that I started having certain aversions to food. I couldn't stand anything healthy at all. The thought of cooking just had me curling up in a ball! I am starting to get to that point already now. I am okay most the time with bread and fruit. Other than that I just want some good old fast food right now. Yes, I know how awful that if for me and the baby. :)

3. Man am I tired! I do not remember ever being this tired throughout my pregnancy with Jude. I have some energy in the morning but by afternoon I am crashing. Having a toddler running around and not sleeping much could also affect that I am sure.

Right now everything is just about keeping calm and quiet. It is hard not to share with everyone that we are expecting our 2nd one now, but we both believe it is just too early to share that information. I will be ready for my doctor's appointment in 2 weeks, so that we can have the ultrasound and be sure that our baby is growing and doing well.

Jude is continuing to grow and do amazing things all the time. I feel like he is carrying on conversations with me more and more. He counted to 10 just yesterday and remembered to actually say 4! He talks about colors all on his own now too. He is becoming quite the little helper around the house. Although he can be just as much a stinker too. Right now we are going to work on some fun Dr. Seuss activities for Dr. Seuss' birthday. One of my favorites! Yesterday in MOPS we also had a demonstration on cooking in with children in the kitchen and how we can make it a learning opportunity. I am now set on finding ways for him to help me in the kitchen and make fun food items along the way! :)

How far along? 6 weeks
Size of baby? Our little pumpkin is currently the size of a pea!
What's going on with baby? Our pumpkin is starting to develop all his or her facial features. Our pumpkin also has a heartbeat and brain development!


Total weight gain: At this start of this pregnancy I am 126 pounds.


Sleep: I want to sleep in the afternoons and go to bed early.


Miss Anything? My energy...however it is worth being gone!

Food cravings: I have really been wanting some McDonald's....I'm thinking it could be a lunch stop for Jude and I today!

Anything making you queasy or sick: My stomach has been turning off and on. I can't pinpoint anything specifically that makes me queasy, but pretty much anything healthy tends to turn my stomach.


Gender: Right now it is just our little pumpkin!

Happy or Moody most of the time: I am happy. I can be moody when I'm exhausted though.



Looking forward to: Our first doctor's appointment in March and just watching the changes that will be coming week by week. 



Age: 2 years and 2 months
Size: He is 33 pounds and 34 and a half inches
Loves: Basketball, trucks, trains, planes, tractors, Mickey Mouse, eating, going bye-bye in daddy's truck, shoes and hats, snuggles and playing with mommy and daddy
Dislikes: Green beans, being told it is night-night time, loud group noises
New changes: We are getting lots of wavy hair now! Two-year molars are coming in, counting independently, identifying colors, singing along with songs, jumping much quicker, climbing higher, helping with routines around the house

No comments:

Post a Comment