The Moye Family

The Moye Family

Monday, October 8, 2012

28 Weeks

I really wanted to get on here last week and get a post done, but it just seems difficult to find them time. I can only imagine what it will be like when Jude arrives! So, we are officially at week 28 and in my 3rd trimester. Seems so hard to believe! It is making me feel more pressure to begin making sure that we are getting everything ready for our little guy. For a little update I did get sick with the flu last week :(
Absolutely terrible! Due to that my doctor's appointment for my glucose test was cancelled and scheduled for today. I am still absolutely nervous about passing it so wish me luck there! It is not even 6:30 am and I am completely starving.....not a good sign for making it till 2:50 without eating much of anything!

Here is a picture of me at 28 weeks!


We have the baby's room completely painted including the closet. We are just waiting to get the furniture this week. 

 Jeff doing the hard work!

 Finished room

The closet.....I am working on getting it organized just the way I want it! There will be more pictures to come when I am finished.


Pictures of the first presents my dad got us for Jude....a blanket and cute little outfit! I am pretty sure he got help with this one. He also bought us our pack n play. 


My sister and I went to the craft show in Evansville last weekend and I experienced a mommy first. Almost everything I bought was entirely for Jude. It was nothing but fun looking for him the entire time! I found some great items for his nursery!

I wanted his name up in the room. I came across a great booth where you can build and decorate a name. So of course, firefighting seemed appropriate.


I fell in love with this little stuff dog and he matched the room decor perfectly! I also bought the little nightlight cover with the cars on it. I then couldn't believe that I found these two antique looking signs perfect for a boy's room!

A way to measure Jude's growth!

I bought a couple of burp cloths and a paci clip!

 Aside from my doctor's appointment today, we have maternity pictures tomorrow and then we are putting the furniture together this weekend! Definitely a lot to look forward to!

 
How far along? 28 weeks (and 3 days)

Total weight gain: about 15-20 pounds total so far ( I think)

Maternity clothes? I am definitely in love with maternity pants. I think I will wear them forever now! :)

Stretch marks? nope

Sleep: Not so great this week due to being sick!

Best moment this week: Working on organizing the nursery

Miss Anything? can't say whole lot

Movement: He still moves a ton! Especially when I lay on my side.

Food cravings: Nothing really....I do enjoy Kix cereal now though quite a bit!

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope

Symptoms:Oh, just my belly continuing to grow ginormous! 

Belly Button in or out? I am proud to say that it is still in (although Jeff says he has a hard time seeing it at all since it is so shallow) :)

Wedding rings on or off? on-luckily so far I haven't noticed myself swelling anywhere

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy most of the time......school seems to be where I find myself stressing

Looking forward to:Getting my glucose test finished, maternity picture tomorrow, and getting the furniture this weekend!!!!!!!! Oh, and we have shower invites being sent out!
 
 
Shower Dates: 
 
October 28th in Herrin at 2:00 and November 10th in Bridgeport at 2:00
 
We decided to go with a Couples Baby Celebration instead of the typical shower. For one I am not into games and all that personal attention. For another, I know my husband would enjoy seeing some of his friends and celebrating too. So we will just enjoy food and hanging out! Below is a picture of the wonderful and creative invites done by my sister!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment