The Moye Family

The Moye Family

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Closing out the 1st Trimester!!

I am finally getting there! The homestretch! About to cross the finish line! And no I'm not talking about the delivery of our baby, but instead wrapping up this 1st trimester. Ugh. Anyone who knows me well knows that I love being pregnant for many reasons. First off knowing that I'm carrying my baby and feeling it move is amazing, no longer feeling bloated or worrying about my belly sticking out, special treatment (sometimes), buying baby clothes, planning a nursery, the overall happy hormones I feel....the list goes on. That list however begins in the 2nd trimester as the 1st is simply  nothing that more than feeling like ick!! As I write this I am my last day of being 12 weeks pregnant. That's right. It means one more week left and I am hopping right along into the 2nd trimester. Already I am feeling significantly better than I was just a week ago. Lots has happened since my post at 10 weeks so it's time to catch up!!

How has Mama been feeling??

I would have to say that week 11 wrapped up my "awful" 1st trimester ickiness. It was that last week I remember being very nauseous. As week 12 started I continued to be very tired and can pass out almost instantly in the afternoons and an 8 pm bedtime is no longer surprising. I still am not a fan of cooking and smells can turn me my stomach instantly. I have noticed that I am peeing more often as well and my allergies are at an all time high annoyance. Essential oils help some but I am hoping my new salt crystal lamp will do the trick!


13 Weeks with Daphne
13 Weeks with Jude


Sharing the News

We waited until Christmas to tell family. I had these sweet ornaments made to share the news with everyone. A little snowman family with all of our names on the hates and my belly stating "baby 2017". Needless to say all grandparents were shocked but once that wore off there were many congratulations and hugs. The shock is still continuing to strike Jeff and I but the more I think about and pray about it, the more I understand that God is 100% in control of our lives. He chose us to be this child's parents and who are we to argue or have unbelief??

The Holidays

I love Christmas. My absolute favorite time of the year. This year however I am glad to start heading back to normal. It was tough trying to celebrate and be a part of everything that is Christmas when not feeling well and just wanting to sleep. We managed and I truly believe our children had a magical Christmas. Jude is just amazing! He is learning so much about Jesus in preschool and from  home and you can tell he is getting the basis for understanding what Christmas is really about. If you ask him, he knows Christmas is about the birth of Jesus, he knows the Christmas story and can repeat and recite names and important events. He understands that Christmas is about celebrating Jesus and we give gifts in celebration of Him. Even more exciting was to see how thrilled Jude was each time he had a a chance to sing a song about Jesus (specifically Oh Come Let Us Adore Him), read a story about the birth of Jesus, or see a nativity scene. When looking at Christmas lights at the 4H center is main concern was going through it again to see the Nativity Scene. I pray and hope that Jesus continues to open Jude's heart as he grows and gives us opportunities as parents to continue to teach him about the love of our Father.

Last Christmas as a family of 4!!


Now on the other side of Christmas....Jude is just now 4 years old. To say he loves presents is an understatement. Dealing with greediness right now and selfishness has been tough to say the least! He was always wanting more presents to unwrap and was never quite satisfied with what he had. I'm sure this will be a work in progress for years to come.

Jude opening his birthday present that he has been asking for all year!

John  Deere 4th birthday party!!


How far along? 13 Weeks 1 Day


Size of baby? Our little firecracker is currently the size of


Total weight gain: 3 pounds

Maternity clothes? Nope. Still wearing all my same clothes although I am concerned for how much longer.

Best moment this week: Celebrating Christmas and Jude's 4th birthday.

Symptoms: fatigue, allergies, food aversions, needing to pee


Sleep: I tend to wake up with a stuffiness nose and needing to use the restroom.


Miss Anything? Energy!!

Food cravings: None at all.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling hungry makes me queasy. Sweet potatoes are gross!!


Gender: Just our little firecracker!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but very tired.


Looking forward to: My next appointment on January 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment